Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weld Mold 880 T !!


Here is another pic in the Campy sacrilege bike that is being made.
What I would like to point out is this:
Look at the weld bead, and notice that it is still nice , not rusty, and still seems "shiny". Why?
Well because this is an awesome product from the WELD MOLD company named 880 T.
This stuff is basically a stainless alloy and is the greatest stuff ever for TIG welding bikes. It is what all the pros use, and I will never make a bike without it.
So, the stainless part of it is what in my mind is excellent. I like to think that if the paint or powder were to come off of the bike, specifically at the joints, then your weld bead is highly resistant to rusting. It is also very strong, the mechanical properties of this filler material is incredible. There are a lot of boring data sheets on it and I won't bore you with them, but to sum up: 880 T kicks ass.I love it, and I have used it for the last 5 years, and I will use it as long as it is around.
Have an awesome day,
erik

No comments: